The goal of the Commodore program is to encourage meaningful participation in the Chamber’s programs and services for all members in an effort to build member commitment and increase member retention. Commodores help make new members feel welcome and introduce them to Chamber programs. They also maintain relationships with current members to make them feel valued.
Who are the Commodores:
The Commodores are a group of professionals from diverse backgrounds who act as a liaison between the Chamber and its members. Commodores are Chamber members in good standing who are enthusiastic, professional and outgoing and possess leadership qualities and skills. Every Commodore makes a commitment of one year of service.
What the Commodores do:
- Support and actively participate in the goals and action plans set forth by the Board of Directors
- Welcome and involve new members by encouraging participation in Chamber-sponsored events
- Attend ribbon cuttings, ground breakings, relocations, grand openings with assigned Commodore Team
- Volunteer for Chamber-sponsored events
- Serve as mentors to new Chamber members by visiting assigned business or calling member quarterly for a 12 month period
Benefits of being a Commodore:
Commodores, recognized as a valuable asset to the Chamber, are very visible during Chamber events, allowing for great networking opportunities. Commodores can make presentations and display business cards, promotional materials or brochures during Commodore luncheons, as approved by the Admiral. Additionally, Commodores are encouraged to build lasting business relationships with other Chamber members and prospective members.